• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Moors Firs Estate

Thejones

Brummie babby
Hi all, myself and my parents lived with my grandparents, aunt and uncle in The Moors, off Berrandale road, in the 50s / 60s. My aunt and I are trying to piece together some family history and are trying to find out when the houses in that area were built. She has a vague memory of moving in as a small child which would have been in the mid 50s. Appreciate any info

The electoral rolls are only online for some years. The moors are not listed in 1955, but are listed in 1957

I know this does not answer your question, but my old school friend Tony Haywood live on The Moors with his Mom, looking at google maps it´s houses have changed a lot.

I know this does not answer your question, but my old school friend Tony Haywood live on The Moors with his Mom, looking at google maps it´s houses have changed a lot.
I think I remember them! Did they live in a ground floor flat and his mom had mobility problems? If so we lived in the house next door

That's them, last time i saw Tony was about 28 years ago he was a Bus Inspector at Washwood Heath garage , before that had not seen him for 26 years when i left school to go into the forces.

That's them, last time i saw Tony was about 28 years ago he was a Bus Inspector at Washwood Heath garage , before that had not seen him for 26 years when i left school to go into the forces.
I've just seen your post about St Wilfred's, we must have been in the same class. We moved house when I was about 8 or 9 so I wasn't on that photo but I do have an earlier one, I'll dig it out!

The name Tony Haywood rings a bell. He must have been at Firs junior school at the same time as me.

Hi all, myself and my parents lived with my grandparents, aunt and uncle in The Moors, off Berrandale road, in the 50s / 60s. My aunt and I are trying to piece together some family history and are trying to find out when the houses in that area were built. She has a vague memory of moving in as a small child which would have been in the mid 50s. Appreciate any info
I used to live round the corner in Dreghorn Rd in the late '50's and had a friend named John Yarnall (or Yarnold?) who lived in The Moors at that time. I think Mikejee's information is spot on suggesting the houses up there were built around 1955-56.

HI ALL. I lived at 26 Kempson Road next to the police flats my family moved there from Small Heath the middle of 1956.
regards Acklam19.

Back