• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Leys - Formans Road

Pamb

Brummie babby
I went to Formans Road School from 1967 I remember RH Parry Jones Mrs Smith History Mr Rowe Maths we haf Mr Bradshaw Mr & Mrs James Mr Reece boys Gym Teacher who when I went to my children's parents evening he was the gym teacher there still shouting Does anyone remember Sue Anderson Pearl Goodhall June Chadbone Linda Death ridge Joyce CartwrightPauline Harris to name a few Robert George Terry Hodgkiss Stephen Meredith Robert Beef Stephen Wilford Michael Carson They were my year Wonder where they all are

Hi, remember all those names and have some happy memories of Formans Road School. I'm the Robert Beef on your list although the correct spelling is (Beathe). I hope your well yourself and all the characters on your list, don't think i have seen any of them since I left school. Just hope we are all doing well.

Hi, remember all those names and have some happy memories of Formans Road School. I'm the Robert Beef on your list although the correct spelling is (Beathe). I hope your well yourself and all the characters on your list, don't think i have seen any of them since I left school. Just hope we are all doing well.
So great to here from someone from way back As you say Robert hope all the others are well And that you yourself are Are you still living in Birmingham ? We moved to Shropshire 2 years ago .

So great to here from someone from way back As you say Robert hope all the others are well And that you yourself are Are you still living in Birmingham ? We moved to Shropshire 2 years ago .
Yes still living in Birmingham although we are hoping to move next year. Hope your enjoying it in Shropshire.

Yes still living in Birmingham although we are hoping to move next year. Hope your enjoying it in Shropshire.
Yes loving it in Shropshire Where you hoping to move to , have you any children ? I've got 3 plus a stepson as hubby was married b4 but we've been together since I was 17 I've got 13 grand kids

We are hoping to move to Henley in Arden way if we can. We have 2 girls and 4 grand kids can’t match your 13 yet though.

We are hoping to move to Henley in Arden way if we can. We have 2 girls and 4 grand kids can’t match your 13 yet though.
That would be nice How old are the grand children Nine range from 24 down to 8 Are you still working ? I finished 2 years ago just before we moved no pension though till this year

21, 15, 12 and 3 year old. I’m still working but thinking of calling it a day next year, think 50years of working is enough for anyone and it will be nice to have more time to do what you want to do.

21, 15, 12 and 3 year old. I’m still working but thinking of calling it a day next year, think 50years of working is enough for anyone and it will be nice to have more time to do what you want to do.
Yes it most certainly is I finished work July when I was 64 moved in November then we had lockdown so been a strange couple of years tbh but nice to not be governed by the clock Really lovely to have contact from the past

Yes it most certainly is I finished work July when I was 64 moved in November then we had lockdown so been a strange couple of years tbh but nice to not be governed by the clock Really lovely to have contact from the past
Yes its been great Hope to catch up again at some point Is this the only way? I'm not on Facebook Take care stay safe & Hope you get to move finish work & enjoy free time x

I went to this school in the early fifties, left in 1955. Remember Mr Wildboar the woodwork teacher, Mr Schofield metalwork teacher, Mr Brittain who had a nasty twitch caused during the war. In those days we given a good training in crafts which proved to be very useful in my working life.

Thats interesting I didn't start there till 1966 Strange there was a Mr Reeves who was the boys PE teacher nasty bit of work tbh but when I went to parents evening for my eldest daughter who should I see but Mr Reeves still teaching PE its was some 30 years ago

I went to Formans Road School from 1967 I remember RH Parry Jones Mrs Smith History Mr Rowe Maths we haf Mr Bradshaw Mr & Mrs James Mr Reece boys Gym Teacher who when I went to my children's parents evening he was the gym teacher there still shouting Does anyone remember Sue Anderson Pearl Goodhall June Chadbone Linda Death ridge Joyce CartwrightPauline Harris to name a few Robert George Terry Hodgkiss Stephen Meredith Robert Beef Stephen Wilford Michael Carson They were my year Wonder where they all are
I remember those name, although I only went there for about 18 months......also a Stephen Wooley..didnt Susan Anderson live across the road by the Church?....think Mrs Clearly was my form teacher?

Back