• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Huntsman - Harborne

ellbrown

ell brown on Flickr
Some photos from today of the half demolished Huntsman in Harborne.

High Street and Harborne Park Road. Last week some of the building fell into the road, and it was closed off, while they demolished the top half.

There's a restaurant and hairdressers to the left that was unaffected.

ellbrown, had me worried there for a moment " The Huntsman"? where's that I thought, aah, it's the old Kings Arms!!

That was the last name it briefly had before it burnt down. Lord of the Rings theme apparently. Pretty sure it wasn't related to Snow White and the Huntsman!

Now wish I took pics of it as the Kings Arms years ago. But probably got put off by the traffic around here!

Only took Harborne High Street photos last year!

my father was a regular in the kings arms for many years back in the early 50s . i did not know it had a name change .i remember the junction the sportsman
the green man the vine duke of york the golden cross and a few i cannot recall the name of. i wonder how many are still there . i moved to australia 1971.

my father was a regular in the kings arms for many years back in the early 50s . i did not know it had a name change .i remember the junction the sportsman
the green man the vine duke of york the golden cross and a few i cannot recall the name of. i wonder how many are still there . i moved to australia 1971.
grumlow. Coming up Harborne High Street from the Green Man you had: The Green Man, The Plough, The White Horse, in York St: The Sportsman in Metchley Lane, The Stores, The Junction, The Vine, The New Inns on the corner of Vivian Rd and Greenfield Rd, The Kings Arms, The Duke of York, The Bell in Albert Rd and the Scarlet Pimpernal at the bottom of War Lane/Tennal Rd. The Pimp and the Duke are no more, flats have been erected on their sites, and now the KA will join them in it's demise.

hi jimbo i did come across another in york st called the white horse. had a refurbish like the new inns. good old pubs of my younger days.

hi jibo i see you did mention the white horse,but wasn't the bell in either st peters or vicarage rd?

There was also the Golden Cross on the corner of Harborne Lane and Metchley Lane, which was demolished about five years ago.

Back