• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The American Photo Button Co

Maggie D

proper brummie kid
Hi,
Can anyone tell me whether The American Photo Button Co were in England. I have a photo which I have reason to believe was my husbands Gt Grandfather taken around 1900 but it has the words 'The American Photo Button Co' under the photo. I'm sure that he never travelled to America.

I'd appreciate any help.
Margaret

The Americian Button Machine Company still exists today in America https://www.americanbuttonmachines.com/ they supply machines and sundries to make novelty buttons, so I would assume that the button was made on a machines purchased from them rather than them having a company in the UK. They appear to have been in Iowa in 1904.

Colin

Thank you for you reply Colin. I have sent an email to the website that you suggested. Not sure whether it is the same. I will let you know if I receive a reply. Regards Margaret

Colin
Received an email this morning. Unfortunately they are not linked to the Photo Company. Will carry on searching. Thank you for your info.
Regards
Margaret

Back