• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Thank you eric

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
thought i would share this lovely painting of the globe inn hospital st/william st north that eric has kindly done for me...all he had to go on was a very scratchy sketch that i have that came out of an old book...luckily enough is also came with a good discription as well such as the colour of the brickwork etc..eric i think you have done a wonderful job...you have bought back to life the pub where dad was born which was raised to the ground during a bombing raid in 1940 and even if i fail in finding a photograph of it this painting will always take pride of place in my home...

thank you

lyn x

globe inn framed.jpg

Last edited:
It another classic Eric, great work. He really does capture something special in his paintings, I love them.

morning mort....its wonderful isnt it just for clarification its william st north to the left of the painting and hospital st to the right..just a bit of waste land there now...

lyn

What a lovely painting of the pub where your dad was born. It is amazing that Eric has managed to paint it from just an old sketchy picture and a description. Well done Eric - your talent and your kindness are incredible.

Back