• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

TEXTILE ASSEMBLIES Ltd

blueminx

proper brummie kid
Hello. Joined Textile Assemblies in the early 90's....Mr David Bloom (Director). Mr Barry Bloom (Manager). Mr Gerald Bloom (Senior Director). I was hired as the Works Manager. T. Assemblies produced mainly automotive interior trim parts. For example Jaguar door pocket frames, cut fibre glass parts (itchy) for car door panels, cut door panel fabrics etc..... The company started off in Ledsam Street ladywood Birmingham. Moved to Sampson Road near Camp Hill, Birmingham. From Camp Hill to Saltley Gates then to Short Heath. I will have to drop a few names. They were a great crew. Speedy, Philip Harrison, John Donnelly, Sharzae, Ruby, Mr Buncorn, Anwar, Baz, Mr Shaffi. Sorry I have missed some out. I joined at a point when the company took on a massive order for parts from Nissan and Jaguar..... Good stressful days... T. A. also supplied cut and sew bags (Outwork) and many, many more products.... They were old school owners.... But very good and caring owners.... Hope someone out there remembers and respond....

Back