• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Sycamore Road, Aston

Padz2003

Hello all. I have been looking through the various posts thinking how wonderful all the 'helpers' are on here. It may be a long shot but I wondered if anyone knew Bert and Dolly Fitzer. They are my nan and grandad and they lived on Sycamore Road for some time before being re-housed. I cannot remember the number. My nan used to put a scaffolding plank on 2 upturned buckets in the street to save a parking space for dad when we visited on match days. She used to run me and my brother up to one Road (can't remember which) to watch the police marching to the football. My uncle (Raymond) was a police officer there. My mum was Jean Fitzer, she has passed now and I wish I knew more about her life in Aston. They lived at 4 bk 121 Park Road before moving to Sycamore Road. Any help is much appreciated.

Hi, Thread here.

Hello all. I have been looking through the various posts thinking how wonderful all the 'helpers' are on here. It may be a long shot but I wondered if anyone knew Bert and Dolly Fitzer. They are my nan and grandad and they lived on Sycamore Road for some time before being re-housed. I cannot remember the number. My nan used to put a scaffolding plank on 2 upturned buckets in the street to save a parking space for dad when we visited on match days. She used to run me and my brother up to one Road (can't remember which) to watch the police marching to the football. My uncle (Raymond) was a police officer there. My mum was Jean Fitzer, she has passed now and I wish I knew more about her life in Aston. They lived at 4 bk 121 Park Road before moving to Sycamore Road. Any help is much appreciated.
Welcome to the Forum.
Herbert and Dorothy Fitzer lived at 67 Sycamore Road according to the erolls.

Back