• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Swan factory bham

pam m

master brummie
Hi, all was this facory in aston?? please, i remeber you could by b graded swan items that was not good enough to be sold as perfect, dont know if its still in aston anyone got info on this please:)

Hi Pam M,,

Swann (Bulpits ) was situated in Ladywood not Aston,, Icknield Street,,top end near Spring Hill Library,

hi John, i didnt think swan was in bullpitts, maybe the building in aston was just there warehouse to sell graded appliances then like an outlet, it was by staples shop?but had moved there. didnt swan emerge with moulinex??

I,m sure we,ve had a discussion on Bulpits (later Swan Brand) on here not long ago i,ll see if i can find it. They did have there own shop and it was in Spring Hill near the Library . Dek

Dek, I've already sent her the link for bulpitts about an hour or so ago, she put a thread up wanting to know about Bulpitts with pictures.

Terry

Hi Terry, yes u did do that and i have gone through it and looked at all the pictures on there, think i was getting confused a little, as i didnt know they did Swan appliances, so my oppologys, the swan kettle in one of the pictures we had at home in the 70`s think it was stainless steel and it lasted years, it held quite alot of water, and the element was changed a few times by my father, when they made them they made them to last not like nowadays!!!

Thats ok Pam, I was just trying to save 2 threads going. My mother worked at Swan (Bulpitts) for years. The stuff she bought home was nobodys business, I don't know how she did it. She gave me a teasmade once but we never used it. We kept it for years but eventually we threw it away.

Terry

Back