• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Sutton St.

Ray, once again lots of memories. What a great source of photos you are.
Our GP had a surgery in a house in Sutton Street (RH side looking up from Aston Road) somewhere near the brow of the hill. His name was Dr. Fitzgerald. He was Irish. Anybody remember him?

Ray, another great set of photos of Sutton Street, on the 2nd photo you can just see a small petrol station at the start of The Retreat, next door was the first of the houses which had really long front gardens, when I was a child my mother used to send me to get mint from there when we had lamb for Sunday dinner.

Dave Bath, Dr. Fitzgerald was our doctor too and I remember him well, if you look under the thread I think Doctors and Medical there are quite a few posts about him. Next door was the Welfare where you took the babies to be weighed and collected orange juice and cod liver oil.

Back