• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Sutton Coldfield Magistrates Court

Mary-anne

proper brummie kid
Does anyone know if it is possible to access a court record regarding a child abuse case from 1960 which was heard at Sutton Coldfield Magistrates Court. I see the building has been closed down and sold and the records probably transferred to Birmingham or may have been destroyed as I don't know how long they are kept for.

Regards Mary-anne

My initial thoughts on this would be no but others may have better information. Depending upon the outcome there may have been newspaper reports but these would probably not carry the name of the child and the names of the perpetrators may have been ordered to be withheld to prevent identification of the child.

Thank you for your reply and the web address. The perpretrator was named although I can't remember what it was but not the child and was sentenced to 10 years in prison and is probably deceased now and the case was reported in the local newspaper at the time. I emailed them a long time ago but didn't get a reply so gave up but could try again.

Mary-anne

Back