• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Stephen Knight on Desert Island Disks

Stokkie

master brummie
Broadcast today. Good to hear a Brummie voice on Radio 4. An eclectic choice of music: Dylan, Ella and his favourite Harry Lauder. The hymn Immortal Invisible took me back to school assembly.
I'm not a fan of Peaky Blinders to be honest, but this programme is about Stephen Knight. Never knew he was a co-creator of Who wants to be a Millionaire. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0021xdf

Interesting about Millionaire, I didn't know that either but I had an idea that Jasper Carrott was connected to that programme - just checked and I was right about that...

Carrott was part-owner of the production company Celador, makers of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? In 2006, he and wife Hazel sold their shares for £10m when Dutch interactive television company 2waytraffic bought the group of companies behind Millionaire.

...and yes, I remember the hymn Immortal Invisible from school too!

Back