• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Stella Street Nechells

• Thread starter Thread starter mstephens
  • Start date Start date
M

mstephens

I'm researching the locations used in the 1970s BBC TV series "Gangsters" and am currently working on the car chase scene from the end of the original Play for Today (see my other posts elsewhere on the forum for more 1975 locations).

The only recognisable street name so far is the now demolished Stella Street on this shot.

Anyone know where the high rise in the background is ?

And are any of the youthful audience on this forum - I guess you would be in your mid 40s now.

Hi mstephens

As promised here is the map you requested, as I said its getting a little tatty of late as I am constantly checking things on it. I think its about due for a replacement.

Phil

Attachments

• Nechell Park Rd.JPG
    Nechell Park Rd.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 13
hi mstephens, the picture shows bristol st moters in long acre
the flats shown are i think ? In water works st,
just off lichfield rd terry

Thanks for the map. I'd been looking on the 1909 maps on the Birmingham Libraries website but I couldn't make out the names on the smaller streets.

Now I know that Stella St was approximately what is now Showells Gardens and Robertson Gardens, I'd also come to the conclusion that the flats are the ones at Waterworks St near The Hollies.

Thanks for identifying Bristol St Motors.

Back