• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Starkey family

S00z

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum but have been reading it with interest. I wonder if anyone can help? I'm trying to track down anecdotes, reminscences about the Starkey family, of whom there seem to have been many in the Aston and surrounding area. Specifically, Theophilus Starkey, who is shown as living at 12 Witton Street in the 1881 census. Any help gratefully received!

You could search the newspapers, you might find something in them if your lucky though usually most people only appear when they done something wrong. There are quite a few mentions but no idea if any of them are yours.

Theophilus's father was possibly in the army, there's a listing on the 1815 War Office Register that could be him. I see Theophilus also appears to have had a cousin of the same name.

Back