• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

stafford street

Lyn,
Brilliant photo where did you get it from, our signshop was this side of Ryder St. on the left of the picture.
The third shop along was run by an old lady where we used to buy our
milk and tea from, right at the far end to the right was Gilmans drysalters where we used to buy all our materials from.
Cheers John.

hi john..you know me..i will post any pic and hope its of interest to someone...so glad it is to you...i got it from this months brummagem mag..im sure there was another one of ryder st or close by..will go and have a look...

lyn

hi john..not sure what st or rd the other pic is of although in the mag its set next to the one of stafford st...give me a few mins and i will scan it and post...you most probably will know it...looks like the street sign is quite clear...

lyn

john i cant be sure but i think it says ryder st...im sure you will know...

lyn

Is this the Ryder St.in Vauxhall...used to know someone who lived there his name was Frankie Ryder.

Hi Lyn,
That is the corner of James Watt St, on the other side to the left was Coleshill St.
The first photo is further along Stafford St. on the next corner.
I am coming to Birmingham on Sunday to the Nelson parade, I will get a copy of the mag then.
Thanks for posting, bought back a few memories.
John.

ok john..thought you would sort that one out...enjoy the parade..hope to see from pics of you maybe...

lyn

john..if you cant manage to get a copy of this months brummagem i have a spare one here...i had forgotton our kid treated me and i went and bought another....silly me.....just let me know if you want it....

lyn

xx.jpeg
With the now defunct Central Fire Station in the background, firemen are tackling a a blaze in Stafford Street while four young lads find it all very interesting.

Back