• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

St Martins Baptisms

FOXY

master brummie
Can anyone look at Baptism's for St Martins,for William and Mary Ann Garfield Children born between 1836 /1841, I think there maybe four or five of them as the family lived in Broad Steet.

hello foxy
perhaps someone else can help you with christenings but ive found this family in 1841 william garfield 45 mary ann 30 elizabeth 11 charles 7 mary ann 5 margaret 4 julia 2 edward 7 mths all living in edgbaston

in 1851 william garfield 62 mary ann 42 charles 18 mary ann 16 margaret 14 thomas 10 and oliver 7.
all living in ladywood.

all the best chris

hello Chris
Thank you for that information,I have tried to find out what happened to the children,Julia and Edward I dont know what happened to them as yet whether they married ect, but I will keep searching.

hi

there is a death of julia garfield 1841 apr-jun kings norton 18 296 which is most likely your julia

cant find edward garfield but there is a death of alfred edward garfield
in bham 1847 oct-dec 16 351 which is just a possibility.

chris

Oh I hate to find out that they died so young but realise it happened in those times,I wonder when the census was taken as she died in 1841,at least I know what happened to her It didn't occur to me to look at the deaths.

there are so many deaths of little children.very sad.

the 1841 census was taken on the night of 6th june 1841 so must have been the latter part of the quarter.

chris

Sorry for the delay. I found these two.

Margaret baptised Jan 1st 1838, born Nov 21st 1837 parents William and Mary Ann Garfield. Abode William Street. Occupation Labourer.

Edward Albert baptised Nov 23rd 1840, born Oct 15th 1840. Abode Lea Bank occupation Labourer.

Back