• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

St Margarets Ward End Lookups

Tippin

proper brummie kid
Hi,

Would any one know where I can look at the Parish Records for St Margaret, Ward End. I am trying to find Edward Jorden, who ran the mill at Ward End, and would have been born around 1692.

Thanks for any help,
Stephen

Thanks,

I will have to look through them next time I go up to the Birmingham Central Library. Are the records in the Archives only, or are they on microfilm as well?

Stephen

I am looking for a christening date for a sandra mary reid born 5/7/47 in bromford, birmingham. they were c of e.
thanks
katie

Possibly St Philip & St James on Hodge Hill common.
Not sure when it opened, but it was certainly operating in 1951 when my brother was baptised.
The old building was a temporary one which burned down & a new "proper" church was built in the late 60s/early 70s.
You could also try Castle Bromwich parish church (St Mary & St Margaret)

hi guys ;

surely it must have been ward end old church but in the next breath i myself would have said st barnies at erdingtom
or st marys which is behind st margrets rd ward end ;which is a very old church and they do the spirulist meetings every friday evening there ;still today ;

HI GUYS
SURELY IT MUST BE ST MARGRETS OF WARD END WHICH IS STILL STANDING DOWN THE BACK END OF ST MARGRETS RD
I BELEIVE ITS STILL THERE AS THEY OPERATE A SPIRITUAL MEETING THERE EVERY FRIDAY EVENING
OR ST BARNIBUS IN THE HIGH STREET ERDINGTON OR ST MARYS OF ERDINGTON JUST DOWN THE RD FROM BARNBUS,S CHURCH
HAVE A NICE DAY BEST WISHES ASTONIAN ;;;;; ALAN ;;

HI SENORARUZ
Yes you are quite correct it was a race course for many years in the early years of one,s life but it equalitly
stood wasting for the saidnumber of years as well thats why the land was sold off
from the early fifties it was never used ;so i would say its a toss up betwen st margrets and st barnies ;
best wishes astonian;;

Back