• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

St Benedict

• Thread starter Thread starter katearthur
  • Start date Start date
K

katearthur

does anyone know if St Benedict Parish church still exists in Bordesley in 1929 and where can i get a photo of it

Yo Katearthur :) St Benedicts Church (R C) is on Coventry Road, Small Heath.
St Benedicts Road at junction with Coventry Road & St Benedict School is
on that road,
May have been classified as "Bordesley" years ago but is now Small Heath,
I think somebody "Postie maybe" has put a Photo of this Church on before,,
If not there should be one getting to you eventually,
Cheers JohnY :cool:

I thought there was a St Benedicts Church on Hob Moor Road, at the junction of St Benedicts road. Its quite close to Green lane and would be classed as Borsdesley/Small Heath. This one was a C of E church. We used to go there every Christmas for the School Carol Concert, from Waverley Grammar School. It always seemed strange going into a C of E church, being a catholic. I remember it was dark & cold. I'm sure its still there now.

Gee-em :) You,re quite right, i got the wrong ends of St Benedicts Road
its Holy Family R C Church on the Coventry Rd (at t,other end) :rolleyes:
ooops, but we got there,,Thanks Gee-em,, JohnY:cool:

St Benedicts Hob Moor Rd

Attachments

• Small Heath St Benadicts.jpg
    Small Heath St Benadicts.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
St Benedicts Church corner of St Benedicts Rd/Hobmoor Rd. Len.

Attachments

• Small Heath Saint Benadicts Interior.jpg
    Small Heath Saint Benadicts Interior.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 4
Thank you Len. When or if I should get to Bm I will now know where and what to look for Kate

I, too, used to go there for Christmas concerts from Waverley......I was also a choir boy there for a few years in the early 70's....until I discovered cigarettes, girls and motorbikes which, at the time offered a little more excitement! Father Whatmore was the 'man in charge' in those days....Lovely, lovely chap.

Back