• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

St Barnabas, Ryland Street, Birmingham parish registers

Mart1974

proper brummie kid
I am trying to locate the baptism register for st Barnabas, Ryland street, Birmingham 1857-8. I am looking for a baptism for Lucy Aston born 1857. Father's name Samuel mother's name Rhoda. Any ideas where I can find these registers?

I'd assume that they would be held at the Library of Birmingham

I think this is the correct St Barnabas (there are at least 3), if you click on the pdf link it says deposited by the vicar of St John's, Ladywood so right area...

Last edited:
They also seem to be on Ancestry, no Lucy Aston but I can't be certain I'm looking at the correct St Barnabas. Records are listed as Birmingham, St Barnabas.

Did Lucy have a sister Martha? I haven't found Lucy but there is an 1853 baptism of a Martha with parents Samuel and Rhoda but it is Methodist
1664105059409.png

Thanks all, She did not have a sister the information I have is she may have been baptised at St Barnabas as her parents were listed on the census living in that parish.

Back