• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Sky Blue Pink

K

Kate

This is probably not a Brum question, more a question of my father's era. He used to sign a song to me which included

"the colour of her hair was sky blue pink
and she only had one eye"

What on earth was the song? I can only remember that bit. 8)

As your post was made in 2004 I doubt if you'll see this but the song goes:

I once knew an Indian lady, she stood about 5 foot high the colour of her hair was sky blue pink and she only had one eye. I asked her if she'd marry me, to be my wife for life, I wonder what my Ma would say when she saw my Indian wife. I can't trace its origins though.

The song is on this CD Musical Traditions Records' third CD release of 2007: A Story to Tell: Keith Summers in Suffolk 1972-79 (MTCD339-0),

The song is on this CD Musical Traditions Records' third CD release of 2007: A Story to Tell: Keith Summers in Suffolk 1972-79 (MTCD339-0),

Thanks very much. My Grandmother was originally from Suffolk and taught my sister the song when she was 5 years old. I even have a record made in a
sea front booth in 1949 (now converted to digital) at Southend on Sea of her singing it!

We "discovered" it amongst my mum papers with me singing "'I'm forever blowing bubbles" on the other side and a separate record of dad singing
"You'll Never Know"!! The "records" are smaller than a standard 45.

All of really great family sentimental value especially as this was in the days of 78 rpms and before the days of tape recorders!!

As your post was made in 2004 I doubt if you'll see this but the song goes:

I once knew an Indian lady, she stood about 5 foot high the colour of her hair was sky blue pink and she only had one eye. I asked her if she'd marry me, to be my wife for life, I wonder what my Ma would say when she saw my Indian wife. I can't trace its origins though.
I know this is years old but did you ever find a recorded song of this? My nan used to sing it all the time and we can't find it anywhere

Back