• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Shuttleworth

lisa d

Brummie babby
Hi i was hoping if someone can help me with any information about my family the Shuttleworth's .i have seen that there are quite a few shuttleworth's buried at keyhill cemetary and was hoping someone can help to see if they are my family as the cemetary is not far from where they all lived.My grandparants moved to Australia around 1922. Any information would be so greatful.
kind regard lisa

I have only just seen this list.

We are related, Lisa !! (remotely)

You seem to know about John (1790)--he was my great-great,great grandfather.

I come down from Clement (1813),(son of John), a brother of your Francis (1816), who married Eliza Cotterill in 1846.

I have a complete family tree which includes your great-grandparents (Francis William, 1885-1957 and Elizabeth, nee Shuttleworth) and their children.

I have a photo of them !! With William Marston (I have Marston rather than Marton--but you will know better) and Jessie (nee Whateley) who is holding a baby--not sure who ?? I do not know when photo taken.

I can send you all this with photo if you are happy to exchange e-mails<

Mine is t.whateley@sky.com

I will leave it to you if you wish to respond.

I am also in touch with a B'ham lady who says she is still in touch with a daughter of Frances Elizabeth Whateley (1915-2003)
She descends form Jessie Whateley (1880) a sister of your Francis (1885-1957)

look forward to hearing from you and hearing about the family in Australia (where I lived for 6 years and still visit)

Tony Whateley

Hi i was hoping if someone can help me with any information about my family the Shuttleworth's .i have seen that there are quite a few shuttleworth's buried at keyhill cemetary and was hoping someone can help to see if they are my family as the cemetary is not far from where they all lived.My grandparants moved to Australia around 1922. Any information would be so greatful.
kind regard lisa

I have only just seen this list.

We are related, Lisa !! (remotely)

You seem to know about John (1790)--he was my great-great,great grandfather.

I come down from Clement (1813),(son of John), a brother of your Francis (1816), who married Eliza Cotterill in 1846.

I have a complete family tree which includes your great-grandparents (Francis William, 1885-1957 and Elizabeth, nee Shuttleworth) and their children.

I have a photo of them !! With William Marston (I have Marston rather than Marton--but you will know better) and Jessie (nee Whateley) who is holding a baby--not sure who ?? I do not know when photo taken.

I can send you all this with photo if you are happy to exchange e-mails<

Mine is t.whateley@sky.com

I will leave it to you if you wish to respond.

I am also in touch with a B'ham lady who says she is still in touch with a daughter of Frances Elizabeth Whateley (1915-2003)
She descends form Jessie Whateley (1880) a sister of your Francis (1885-1957)

look forward to hearing from you and hearing about the family in Australia (where I lived for 6 years and still visit)

Tony Whateley

Back