• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Sheep Street

davidfowler

Exiled Brummie
One of my ancestors was living at 16 Sheep St, Aston on the 1881 census. I've got maps from 1912 and 1839 showing the houses but wondered if anyone can identify house numbers? (Probably mikejee:D)
Thanks in advance.

David

David
No 16 is 3 doors away from the anchor Pub, as shown in red below
Mike

mapc1990sheepstno16.jpg

Thanks Mike, just as I thought, you'd come up with the goods! Don't know what we'd do without you. Pity I couldn't make the St George's Day meet to see you.
Cheers
David

Mike, my g.g. grandfather was the landlord of the Dog & Duck, 40 Sheep Street, on the 1861 census, could I please ask you to highlight this on your map. I have used my magnifying glass to no avail.

Sylvia
The map didn't show all of Sheep st. It is named on the bit lower down, and i have marked it in yellow
Mike

dogduckSheepstc1889.jpg

Thank you so much for highlighting the Dog & Duck for me Mike, Sheep Street looks a much longer street than I imagined. It is now part of Aston University campus, but much shorter.

Back