• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Sewell of Robin Hood Lane

Bootneck

proper brummie kid
Can anyone find a record of the Sewell family in Robin Hood Lane about 1943/1944 please. Many thanks.

Hello Bootneck,

Your Sewell family should be on the Electoral Rolls in Robin Hood Lane in time period you request ( possibly 1930,s-50,s ?)
This information should be on a Pay-to-Search site at
www.midlandshistoricaldata.org/ the Birmingham Electoral Rolls are searchable on here,
Costs are quite reasonable & the site is quite easy to search,,Give it a try,
I would normally have looked it up for you but have no credits left on that site,,
But there are many kind hearted souls on here who may give your Newbie search a little booster,,,John

There do not appear to be any Sewells in Robin Hood Lane in 1939 or 1945. There were no elections, and thus no electoral roll for the perod between these years

Apologies Bootneck (& Mike),,I put 1930,s -1950,s to broaden Bootnecks search ,,then forgot to exclude the War years,,
mea culpa,,,needs more Guinness,, John

We used to live at 10 Robin Hood Lane 1947 to 2002. The rear garden adjoined no 17 (?) Baldwins Lane built c 1900 where the Sewell family had live for many years, very close to the Robin Hood Island. Old Mrs Sewell had (twin) sons in the 1920's and was friends with my mother. Dennis continued to live in the house though to the 1980's. The Sewell family were there through the war years.
Hope this helps Robert

Back