• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Sarah Slater Siblings

F

Forward

Hi,
Checking to see if anyone’s ancestors are a sibling of Sarah Slater 1855 my GT Grandmother
Parents John Slater 1820 and Betsy Slater 1822 (Warwickshire)

And can anyone add to list below?

As Sarah all below were born in Birmingham

Richard 1841
Jane 1844
James 1846
Eliza 1848
Joseph 1850
Lucy 1851
Betsy 1853
Henry 1858
Henry J 1871

Ray

Hi, some time have passed since your thread, yet I am hoping that your Slaters may be related to mine as my GGgrandmother was Elizabeth Mary Slater, born in Septemer 1881. She married my GGgrandfather Joseph Horace Smith - parents of the Birmingham boxer Len "Tiger" Smith
It may be possible that my GGgrandmother was a daughter of your Slater???
I live in South Africa and have barely any further info other than that I and my other 5 siblings are Len's grandchildren (Leonard Horace Smith b 1908)
HOPE WE HAVE A THREAD HERE,
Regards,
Emmie

Sarah Slater married a Benjamin Whitehouse in 1873, had a son Arthur in 1874 and daughter 1881 named Lilly, she doesn’t show on 1891 census so a blank there?

A possibility is one or more of Sarah’s brothers married pre 1881 and had a child named Elizabeth?

1861 Census - Sherbourne Street, Birmingham
Betsy Slater 29 - Head -Married - Birmingham
Richard Slater 20 - Son - Moulder at Iron factory - Birmingham
Jane Slater 17 - Daughter - Button Maker - Birmingham
Jamie Slater 15 - Son - Carters Boy - Birmingham
Eliza Slater 14 - Daughter - Birmingham
Joseph Slater 11 - Son - Birmingham
Lucy Slater 10 - Daughter - Birmingham
Sarah Slater 6 - Daughter - Birmingham
Henry Slater - 3 - Son - Birmingham

All the info I have at the moment.
Ray

Hi Ray, just wondering if you had any response on you post?
This is also my family - If you have received any further information, please let me know???
Here is what I know: John Slater married Betsy Mansell
Henry J b 1871 married Emma Mary Metcher and one of their children was Reginald Slater b 25 July 1910

Mary Elizabeth Slater b Sept 1881 in Birmingham married Joseph Horace Smith in June 1906
Their children were: Leonard Hoeace, Alice, Edie, Maud May and Florance Vera
Leonard Horace Smith was my grandfather
ANY INFORMATION ON ANY SIDE OF THE FAMILY WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED....... THANKS, EMMIE

Hi Emmie,

Thanks for your information.

Sadly no contact from any other Slater connections.

I'm been concentrating on other ancestry families, however I do have but yet to double check:

Betsy Mansell Christening Place: St Martin Birmingham 28th Sep 1822 - parents were Richard 1788 and Lucy (nee?) 1787.

John Slater Christening Long Itchingham Warwick 24th June 1821 - parents were Thomas and Rebecca (nee?)

Will most certainly keep you informed when I know more.

Ray

Hi,
Checking to see if anyone’s ancestors are a sibling of Sarah Slater 1855 my GT Grandmother
Parents John Slater 1820 and Betsy Slater 1822 (Warwickshire)

And can anyone add to list below?

As Sarah all below were born in Birmingham

Richard 1841
Jane 1844
James 1846
Eliza 1848
Joseph 1850
Lucy 1851
Betsy 1853
Henry 1858
Henry J 1871

Ray