• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Sarah Lea continued

Anne Morley

proper brummie kid
I am trying to find the family's connection to Rowland Hill:

Susan Clark (her brother Francis married Rowland Clark's sister) married Thomas Beasley at St Bartholemew's Church, Edgbaston, 24.12.1823

I am looking for Thomas Beasley's family as Sarah Beasley was my grandmother's grandmother, (she married William Lee).
Thomas Beasley died around 1834.

There could be some connection to the Unitarian Church and the Birmingham Riots (1791) as many of the family names appear in that account.

Many thanks for your help,
Anne.

Hi Anne, you probably have these St Bartholomew’s transcripts, but thought I would add them anyway.

24 Dec 1823 marriage Thomas Beasley & Susan Clark of Stourbridge Parish Oldswinford, Worcs by licence. Wit Francis Clark, J A Beasley, Caroline Hill and Mary Clark.

24 Sept 1824 marriage Francis Clark & Caroline Hill with consent Thomas Wright Hill by licence. Wit: Thomas Wright Hill, Born at Kidderminster, Sarah Symmonds Hill, Susan Beasley, Edmund Clarke, Mary Clarke, .....? – M Brown, Howard Hill.

22 Sept 1836 marriage Thomas Henry Ryland (Birmingham) & Caroline Clark Wit: Thos Clark, Ellen Clark, Thos Clark Jun, Thos Ryland, Sarah Ryland, Francis Clark, Edmund Clark, Chas Clark, Caroline Clark, Mary Osler, Susan Beasley, Follelt Osler.

There is also a marriage between Thomas Beasley and Sarah Hopkins (widow) on 25 December 1815. Witnesses John Williams and Harriett Cook.

bewdley

Thank you for your help. Progress is slow but ... I am now looking for JohnBeasley age 76 born in Prescott Lancashire. On the 1851 census JohnBeasley is married to a Jane and they are living in Birmingham. John and Jane are the parents of Sarah Beasley who married William Lee, my Grandmother's maternal grandparents. Could one of these Beasleys be connected to Thomas who married Susan Clark? I have found Genes Reunited census not very helpful. Anne.

Back