• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Saltley provision stores...

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
saltely provision stores on the washwood heath road....sorry no date to this one...

lyn

I thought I could narrow the time down a bit, but, with the variation of the name back and forth, I think all we can say is that it was between about 1867 and 1900, which we could probably have guessed anyway from the picture
1862 Richard Tibbatts, grocer, Upper Saltley road,
1867 - 1872 Richard Tibbatts, grocer & baker, , Saltley
1873 Richard Tibbatts, grocer, Washwood Heath rd. SaltIey
1876 - 1880 Richard Tibbatts, grocer & baker, High street, Saltley
1884 - 1900 Richard Tibbatts, grocer, 1 Washwood heath road, Saltley
1903 Richard Tibbatts, grocer, 2 Alum Rock road, Saltley
1904 No Richard Tibbatts, or any other Tibbatts grocer
mike

thanks for the dates mike...much appreciated...

john..i know.....lol

lyn

hi rupert.....as i posted its washwood heath road...i guess a kellys look up for the number and then a map to pinpoint it is what you are looking for...maybe one of our experts could help out..oh just looked again at mikes kellys look ups...it was no 1 washwood heath road

lyn

OK. I did not notice the number but thought that the only building that looked like it on the 1890 map was right on the corner of Washwood Heath and Alum Rock. Just looking at the picture it does not seem that it would be in that Vee but it sits back a bit from the actual corner and the outline looks right. It was never there in our days; I think a bank was there.

Can anyone remember what the original question was on this thread? Asking because I'm a Tibbatts.

Can anyone remember what the original question was on this thread? Asking because I'm a Tibbatts.
I think it was just a case of Lyn (Astoness) posting a picture of Saltley Provisions Stores, unfortunately this probably got lost when the site was hacked several years ago.

I think it was just a case of Lyn (Astoness) posting a picture of Saltley Provisions Stores, unfortunately this probably got lost when the site was hacked several years ago.
quite right john it was just a case of posting the photo...there was no question on post 1

lyn

Last edited:
Back