• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

; Saint Nicolas Churchyard Kings Norton Bosward Family;

janeytg

knowlegable brummie
HI ;:)
I'm back asking you wonderful people for help in finding above in law family grave sites. I have a memorial page on "FAG"
and a volunteer sent me a message that the family were most likely buried at Saint Nicolas Churchyard .Kings Norton.Metro Borough of Birmingham.I wrote back to him asking if possible he could take a picture but I never heard back .

Can anyone tell me if this cemetery has an office where I can contact either by phone or mail to ask for their help:confused: ??
I'm looking for Harriet Wooldrige m/s Gray Bosward. died 1922 her death listed under Kings Norton.. Spouse William
Charles Bosward whom I bought his death cert died 1925. in local Birmh. Hospital son William witness. home address as 76 Unett Street Smethwick Warwickshire.

I'm sure my late father in law William C.Bosward would have buried his parents together in Saint Nicolas Churchyard Cem.:confused:
i very much appreciate all the help you guy's can give me in finding the location of this cemetery. thanks a bunch.:)

Kind regards;
Janey.

There's a parish website with contact details, they might be able to advise...

HI MWS; :)

Very much appreciate your help I have fired off an email to the above 'Kings Norton Team' giving reference to burials at Saint Nicolas Churchyard. Will keep you posted of any reply ,thanks a bunch.;)

Kind regards

Janey.:)

On Ancestry there's a link to Findagrave and William and Harriet are listed as being buried at Kings Norton Cemetery, presume they mean St. Nicolas but the picture they provide is a map of Witton Cemetery!
(You don't need a sub to go to Findagrave.)
rosie.

The burial register for St Nicholas is on Ancestry up to Nov 1922 and I cannot see a burial for Harriet. Unless she died after November.
HI Janice; Many thanks for the info I had no idea the register was on Ancestry I will check it and hope I find Harriet as I have a date of death for her as October 1922.:confused:

All the best to all at the Forum for a good year in 2023.

Kind regards
Janey:)

On Ancestry there's a link to Findagrave and William and Harriet are listed as being buried at Kings Norton Cemetery, presume they mean St. Nicolas but the picture they provide is a map of Witton Cemetery!
rosie.
HI Rosie;
thank you for the info as to the picture of Witton Cem that was inserted by a 'F.A.G.'' volunteer and it's on most of my queries as I don't know how to get it taken down.
I did have help from another great volunteer who found a bunch of my Bosward family in unmarked graves ,only one had a stone Samuel Thomas who was a Wesleyan minister, I guess he was the one with some money to afford it.:confused:

Kind regards
Janey :)

rosie.
Hi yes the “old” cemetery in Kings Norton is at St Nicholas Church and OGS, subsequently a bigger cemetery was consecrated maybe around 2007/8 which is in the edge of the Primrose Estate.

Back