• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Royal Mail issue of stamps"Golden Age of Steam Locos on August 19th 2010

Bernard67Arnold

master brummie
A bit of advance warning for the Forums Railway Buffs, and we have a few, a set of six stamps of classic
locos, and also marking the 50th anniversary of the building of British Rails last steam loco BR class 9F
Evening Star. The association between steam and stamps goes back to the 1840s when the arrival of the
Penny Post coincided with that of the Steam Age. Get your anoraks on for the 19th, and off to the PO.
Oh Happy Days !!! Bernard (All helps to pay my pension)

A bit of advance warning for the Forums Railway Buffs, and we have a few, a set of six stamps of classic
locos, and also marking the 50th anniversary of the building of British Rails last steam loco BR class 9F
Evening Star. The association between steam and stamps goes back to the 1840s when the arrival of the
Penny Post coincided with that of the Steam Age. Get your anoraks on for the 19th, and off to the PO.
Hope I dont get into trouble, this is out of staff newspaper, Bernard

Thanks for the info Bernard, will keep an eye out for them..

I am surprised no one seems interested the Steam Locos stamps recently issued as First Day Covers, may
be all the railway buffs have been sailing the Birmingham canels this weekend, oh well, nevermind,
Bernard

Thanks for letting us know Bernard they are lovely stamps and I do need to buy some so off to the post office tomorrow. Jean.

Back