• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Royal Duke, Victoria Road

Adrienne Lewis

Hi, new here. Does anyone know anything about a pub called the Royal Duke on Victoria Road, maybe Lillington place? My great great great grandfather (Jesse Quarterman)owned it circa 1860-80. It's on the censuses. From the rate books it looks like he owned a few properties along Victoria Rd. It maybe that the White Horse was it originally???
My gran was a Quarterman, lived in Aston, married Wilf Hall who drove the trams and ran for the Birchfield Harriers, a street away from the Baglins where my Dad was born. A friend of mine is a Baglin from Bidford. His grandfather was Arthur Thomas. Turns out we share some DNA somewhere along the line too. So, err, hi coz!

Hi, new here. Does anyone know anything about a pub called the Royal Duke on Victoria Road, maybe Lillington place? My great great great grandfather (Jesse Quarterman)owned it circa 1860-80. It's on the censuses. From the rate books it looks like he owned a few properties along Victoria Rd. It maybe that the White Horse was it originally???
My gran was a Quarterman, lived in Aston, married Wilf Hall who drove the trams and ran for the Birchfield Harriers, a street away from the Baglins where my Dad was born. A friend of mine is a Baglin from Bidford. His grandfather was Arthur Thomas. Turns out we share some DNA somewhere along the line too. So, err, hi coz!
Hello,just read your post on the White Horse,my family are Baglin my uncle Edwin lives in Bidford so does my uncle Jeff and Edwin s don Stewart who is still in the coal trade my mother Marjorie is Edwin s older sister ,we all worked in the coal yard at some point when we were kids ,happy days in Clifton road.

Back