• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

reubin heaton fishing tackle

gingerjon

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN R.I.P.
did any one work or knew any one who worked at Reubin Heaton's in New Street they made fishing reels and scales they are now in Hinkley just of the A5
do you know exactly were this factory was looking at the picture it was at the back of the back to back house's I would think opposite the Globe :?:

reubin heaton

where did this chap live becacause the firm i am interested in used to make weighing machines and dials for weighing caught fish John Heaton who used to own the firm still makes things for the fishing industry in a shed in his back garden can you dig up any more on this chap

John, I have just seen this thread. The company were based at 38 New street from around 1900 until compulsory purchase fo the premises to make way for redevelopment. I think the site is now under the Newtown shopping centre opposite the Barton Arms pub. Upto 50 or 60 people worked here.

Back