• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Research and medal stories

morrl02

proper brummie kid
Hi

as a collector of local medals and a family researcher focusing on Birmingham myself and my husband have recently set up a twitter fed @thewestonfront and a blog www.lornamattweston.blogspot.co.uk

we are focusing in the stories behind the medals we have bought and would love to share our stories and hear yours if you are interested? We also value any help with local research!!

via our twitter account we are doing a weekly discussion point, next week is The Royal Warwickshire regiment, if you have any stories, family history, or research requests please feel free to share them. We would love your feedback and input

Good morning MOR102
Just been reading your thread with great intrest and your request for information and memories of our war heros
we;; i just want to add and say ; and i o not know whether i have stated it before now on the threads ofintrest of the history
but i have got a book printed by michael minton its a blue and white glossy book and thick with information
giving glossy pictures of all the heros medals given out in full ilsitration to see
And of stories of the people whom are of the heros of the yester wars 1
they are also dated and with pictures of the people whom was presented to them some are from family members of there relatives
whom got killed in the war and some are still alive toda to tell the story
So i thought i would dropp you a line and inform you and or any other member following may want one of course there is other members
Ou there whom have not been printed so that would also contibute i would say ther is alot of birmingham people and there stories are in there
as i say thee is printed in colour the medals and the dates they was issued to that personal hero
the book is called HEROES OF BIRMINGHAM AIR RAIDS AND IT IS WRITTEN BY MICHEAL MINTON AND PRINED BY BREWIN BOOKS PRICED AT
ten pounds and ninety five pounds but ifyou go to alot of charity shops you will find it three pars cheaper
there is a huge charity shop n the high street of bromsgrove and thats where i go and get y books at a knock down price for a couple of quid
hope this is of intrest to you but you will be mazed by the book ; i came acros a section with an old friends grand father with his picture and medals he got
He of course was mr moseale chiefe fire officier of birmingham i am an old friend of his grand son whom as been on here and it worked out his wife whom e married was an old school friend of hers and we regural keep in touch have a nice day best wishes Astonian ;;;;;

I have added today a blog about medals awarded to the Royal Warwickshire regiment, these medals had been seperated. My husband managed to reunite them and has since had them court mounted to ensure that they will never be parted again.

We would love to hear stories about your own family, and regimental stories

www.lornamattweston.blogspot.co.uk

Good morning MOR102
Just been reading your thread with great intrest and your request for information and memories of our war heros
we;; i just want to add and say ; and i o not know whether i have stated it before now on the threads ofintrest of the history
but i have got a book printed by michael minton its a blue and white glossy book and thick with information
giving glossy pictures of all the heros medals given out in full ilsitration to see
And of stories of the people whom are of the heros of the yester wars 1
they are also dated and with pictures of the people whom was presented to them some are from family members of there relatives
whom got killed in the war and some are still alive toda to tell the story
So i thought i would dropp you a line and inform you and or any other member following may want one of course there is other members
Ou there whom have not been printed so that would also contibute i would say ther is alot of birmingham people and there stories are in there
as i say thee is printed in colour the medals and the dates they was issued to that personal hero
the book is called HEROES OF BIRMINGHAM AIR RAIDS AND IT IS WRITTEN BY MICHEAL MINTON AND PRINED BY BREWIN BOOKS PRICED AT
ten pounds and ninety five pounds but ifyou go to alot of charity shops you will find it three pars cheaper
there is a huge charity shop n the high street of bromsgrove and thats where i go and get y books at a knock down price for a couple of quid
hope this is of intrest to you but you will be mazed by the book ; i came acros a section with an old friends grand father with his picture and medals he got
He of course was mr moseale chiefe fire officier of birmingham i am an old friend of his grand son whom as been on here and it worked out his wife whom e married was an old school friend of hers and we regural keep in touch have a nice day best wishes Astonian ;;;;;

Was that name Mosedale, Astonian ?

I remember reading about his heroic act when I was a schoolboy.
His brother, Arthur, lived across the road from us.

hi maypole
yes it was mousdale and he as is picture in the book asi have mentionioned
i will try and down load the pcture from the book this evening if possible okay maypole best wishes astonin;;

Back