• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Reinterment at Warstone Lane Cemetery from St. Thomas' Church, 1953

MAW

proper brummie kid
I understand that burials at St. Thomas' Church were reinterred at Warstone Lane Cemetery in 1953.

Please could someone check such a re-burial for a John Chesshire (born c.1789, buried St. Thomas' Church 17th Oct 1830).

Mark

Mark I have checked the indexes I have and can only find Caroline Chesshire buried 1878 and an infant Chesshire 1909. I don't think my indexes are complete so don't discount him being there.

Wendy, I lost much of my files, when my PC died, but many of the reburials in WL are under the former Churc h name - e.g. St Thomas's X number of coffins - without the personal names - unsure if this is the case here

Banri

I don't know Brian I only have an incomplete index myself and can't get any help. I don't know where to get the extra information. The only one I know on the index is John Baskerville re interred from Christ Church.

Mary in the T.I. in Vyse st has the disk. Another copy was in Pen room, but suspect it has been passed onto a local group.

The full printed version should be available for viewing in the Pen Museum. I'm sure there are block entries for various churches - St mary,s St Thomas's, St Bartholemws, etc - indexed under the name of the Church - Check Section S for "St".

Back