• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Reid/reed frederick william - aston

katiesmith24

proper brummie kid
Hi looking for some more help! I think I have established that Frederick William Reid was born in 1878 in Aston, but is listed with the surname spelt Reed in the 1891 census. According to the birth certificate his dad is Thomas William Reid and he married a Sarah (Formerly Hallett). In 1881 Frederick William is listed as living with his Aunt and Uncle in Staffordshire and in 1891 he is living with his widowed father, but they completely disappear off the radar for 1901 until he reappears in 1911 with the surname spelt Reid and married to Lily Hawker. On their marriage certificate his dad is listed as deceased.

I would like to find a death certificate for Thomas William and Sarah and would also like to know what they were doing in 1881 when their son was living with his relations. I would also like to know what happened to Frederick in 1901. On his 1914 military record it mentions he has spent time in prison but again I can find no further records.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am going to the central library in Birmingham tomorrow and any tips on things to look up would be great. Thanks

Back