• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Regiment Information

• Thread starter Thread starter tor6869
  • Start date Start date
T

tor6869

Hello all, was just wondering if anyone could shine any light on this little snippet of information.
After finding my Great Grandfather on the 1918 absent voters list (Electoral roll), we noted that his address and house number was 9 court 21 lower essex street. But under abode/other info, it says, 16774, pte, 13th Hos, AVC. This seems like an army number, rank and regiment. Could anyone help out espescially with the 13th Hos.

Many thanks....Tracey :)

Thanks both......great help.....nice to put a medal to the name....now i know it's cheeky....but you wouldn't know what the 13th Hos is, would you ?....I've been having a mooch on the internet.....can't come up with anything.

Thanks again.....Tracey :)

I would guess this is short for the 13th Hussars which were a cavalry regiment which would fit in with him being in the Veterinary Corp. I think the 13th Hussars were a famous regiment. I am sure there are others here much more knowledgable than me.

Back