• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

re smiths

smithy

master brummie
Hya ALL :) :D

Have found my John Sydney Smith in the 1918 absent voters.
He is listed as John S smith now what on earth is all of this,

73176 Bdr, D199 Bde, RFA.

Found on (PAGE 9) and listed also under Garrison Street

any help appreciated

Hya ALL :) :D

Have found my John Sydney Smith in the 1918 absent voters.
He is listed as John S smith now what on earth is all of this,

73176 Bdr, D199 Bde, RFA.

Found on (PAGE 9) and listed also under Garrison Street

any help appreciated

Unit number.Bombardier. D possibly battery letter. 199th Brigade Royal Field Artillery

re-smith

Hya both

Many thanks for the information wil need to read up on this some more.

John Sydney Smith RFA

Smithy

Ancestry UK has 65 pages concerning his discharge from the Army in 1918. They are in the WW1 Pension Records. I can save them to my PC and email them to you if you cannot get to see them for your self.

Regards

terry

John Sydney Smith RFA

Hya Terry
I have to say you were the one that identified my husbands father in the paper concerning his war injuries. (thomas smith 1595 rwr)
I have since then paid someone to look for him but he appears to be a very elusive case to say the least.

My husband is now in end stage kidney failure. I am trying to gain some information about them as it is giving him some interest, as he was born when his dad and mom were in their 40's.

I am also so interested as they were so very young, thomas lost his leg and had shrapenal (?) in the other. He also suffered for the rest of his life with awful chest problems.
John was 2 years older, and they had both been in the aston union workhouse as their mother was a widow. These boys were orphaned in 1909. I have now found out that she died from diabetes.(1909) and my husband has had this for 55 years and no one in the family knew these things until now.

Suffice to say I paid last night to get John's index card of the archives.
Would you have to pay to receive these papers, ?
if so perhaps I maybe able to pay to retrieve them. I would dearly love to gain the information as it is so difficult to get info on these smiths.
At this moment in time I am reading your book which I have from Y Wood
library. It is so intersting.

I would dearly love any help you are able to provide at this time.
Many thanks

hello Smithy

I subsribe to Ancestry Uk so I can save all the info to my computor and email on to you. When I looked last night it stated that there was 65 pages of documents, however some of these will probably be duplicate. So I will disregard duplicate pages.
Can you send me a private message with your email and I will do the best I can over the next couple of days or so.

Regards

Terry

Back