• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Re; discovering of cato st

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
HI GUYS
I Would just like to say that i have just re; discovered a Alma Place back yard of cato street photograph ;1959
also a BirminghM January 1939 photo card picture of the old homes of the jewely quarter which was first published 1780
wich states it was the start of the jewerly quarter as these homes was the houses of people hom in there own rights started the jewerly quarter off
the start of the jewerly quarter as its known today ;
Also i have got an old photograpg of corporation street in a form of a post card ' no date thou ;
but i am pretty sure these old ones have been on the forum long before the forumwas hacked and lost the photographs of these places
at some point today i will get my son to down load these pictures for people too see and may be some one wants the picture of the two house in the
Alma Place back to back with the what appeared to be two half demo toilets or brew house ;
best wishes alan astonian;;

Birmingham, Jan. 1939
"Small factories, once homes in the jewellery Quarter, so called because of the concentration of small jewellery makers in the area.
which was first est. in 1780. metalwork."

ScanImage001.jpg

Corporation Street, Birmingham 40/50s

ScanImage002.jpg

Alma Place back yard of Cato Street- 1959

did you ever lived there?

ScanImage003.jpg

Last edited:
Back