• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

re: 27 St. Lukes Road

sheri

master brummie
Where is St. Lukes Road? Is it anywhere near New St. I think St. Lukes Church is nearby. Am looking for a premises occupied by Francis
Blackham - cabinet maker.
Thank you for your help.
Sheri

Sheri
Part of St lukes rd is still there, though not the houses. Attached is a google map, with the old "disappeared part marked approximately in red. What year about is your cabinet maker. He is not listed in 1908 or 1921.
mike

Hi Mikejee and Bordesley Exile, Thank you so much for your replies. From the photos St. Lukes Rd looks as though it was all residencies.
I found Francis Blackham in Kellys in 1899 - perhaps he was employed and not his own boss - I was hopeful!!!!
I can't find him on the census's of either 1901,1891 or 1881. Will plod on.
Thank you oce more
Sheri

When was he born, Sheri? Is he on FreeBMD, Family Search LDS / IGI or is he the right age to appear on the electoral register? Is he on the 1911?
If you find a reference to journeyman cabinet maker that will indicate he was employed, I understand whereas a master cabinet maker would be self employed.

Hi Bordsley exile, Thanks for your reply - I thin k this is not a male but my gt. aunt Frances which I have all the info on her.
Thank you so much for your help,
Sheri

Back