• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Private W.G.Harrison A-679 kings royal rifles

• Thread starter Thread starter PaulHammond
  • Start date Start date
P

PaulHammond

Can anyone help me find any information on Private W.G.Harrison of the Kings Royal Rifle Corps, service number -A679???

I have been tracing the family tree for the past couple of weeks and the Harrison connection is my father's mothers side. I know my great grandfather was George Harrison of 36 Angelina Street (fruit shop). My father handed me a WW1 victory medal this week and said it was his grandfathers. However because of the research I have done on the family tree I dont believe it could have been. The names dont match and my ggf would have been nearly 38 by the time the war started. it is possible it was one of his sons that my father never met.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

WW1

Name:William George Harrison
Birth Year:abt 1894
Birth Parish:Balsall Heath Birth
County:Warwick
Regiment Name:KRR Regiment
Number:679
Document Year:1914

Here is his burial place.

In memory of Rifleman William George Harrison. A679 7 Bn Kings Royal Rifle Corps.

Died aged 21 23 Nov 1915. Son of George and Rose Harrison of 36 Angelina Street, Birmingham. Remembered With Honour.

Buried at Lijssenthoek Military Cemetery.

This looks like his birth registration;

[SIZE=+1]Births Jun 1894 [SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/SIZE]Harrison William George Birmingham 6d40

Hi Barry & Kaz
Sorry for not replying earlier but I was away at the weekend. Thank you for your information, it is fantastic.

Thank you so much for your help.

Private W G Harrision is therefore actually my dads uncle (George Harrison was his grandfather) and my great uncle.

Back