• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Price Jewellers.

angela burley

master brummie
Hi everyone,does anyone have access to Kellys Directory please. I am looking for information about a Jewellery firm or shop called Price at the top of Frederick Street by the clock in the Jewelery Quarter in 1967.Thanks Angela.

L.D Price Ltd, manufacturing jewellers was at 33 Frederick st in 1967 . It shared the building with N V Hall & Son, wath importers, and possibly others who were not listed in Kellys. It is shown in red on the map. Also at no 30 , with others, was V.J. Price , jewellery manufacturer. this is shown in blue. It probably at that time would not have been a shop as such, but it would have been possible to buy items there.

frederick_st_map_c_1955_showing_nos_33_and_30.jpg

Mike

Thanks for the information Mikejee. I am happy to know i remembered correctly now i need to see if there is a family conection. Thanks again,Angela.

My father was V J Price of 30 Frederick Street. It was not a shop but it was a business that received jewellery/watches etc that were taken into shops for repair. They were then sorted and taken to the relevant repairers around the jewellery quarter. I can remember helping out in the late 60s taking the jewellery to the various repairers.

Back