• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Pinkham-Palmer

Susansdaughter

Brummie babby
Hi, I don't know if anyone can shed light on this. I was emailed with a "Smart Match" from Geni, purporting to link my mother's generation 1905-1925 into the Pinkham name. So far as I know there is no connection, but does anyone have info on the Pinkham family of Birmingham?

Thanks. Julia

Not many mentions of any Pinkhams in the Bham area prior to 1945.

Not sure how these matches work, is it a link to yourself in which case the Pinkham could be an ancestor of the person matched to you, marrying a cousin or second cousin etc of your mother. That person could come from anywhere.

Does it give the person's name or degree/closeness of kinship?

1911 census has one family in Birmingham - Frederick William and Bessie Pinkham living in Ellesmere Road Saltley. Looking back to 1901 they seem to have had one son - also Frederick Harold.
I can see further information on him but am unsure if it is relevant.

Not many mentions of any Pinkhams in the Bham area prior to 1945.

Not sure how these matches work, is it a link to yourself in which case the Pinkham could be an ancestor of the person matched to you, marrying a cousin or second cousin etc of your mother. That person could come from anywhere.

Does it give the person's name or degree/closeness of kinship?
It seems to imply the Pinkham connection was through my mother's siblings. She had three sisters but I've accounted for all of them as far as I'm aware. I'm not a subscriber to Geni or My Heritage so I will just leave it as a mystery. thanks for looking. Julia

1911 census has one family in Birmingham - Frederick William and Bessie Pinkham living in Ellesmere Road Saltley. Looking back to 1901 they seem to have had one son - also Frederick Harold.
I can see further information on him but am unsure if it is relevant.
Thanks for that info. As I replied to MWS, I'm not sure about this - it may be a "phantom" connection, because my three aunts are accounted for as far as I'm aware. Julia

Back