• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Pigott street school, off Bath row Birmingham

Hi Stevehanson

Sorry but didn't attend Islington (Pigott Street) School and I know precious little about it, what I do have is an early photo of the school that you might have seen previously.

Ladywood Piggot street school.jpg

Thanks for that, I have seen it before, it's a photo before my time. When I attended in the middle 50s that one had been demolished and a new one built, I think the school at that time was a grammar school. Cheers.

Thanks for that, I have seen it before, it's a photo before my time. When I attended in the middle 50s that one had been demolished and a new one built, I think the school at that time was a grammar school. Cheers.
Here's another picture of the school, John.Piggot St school with Accident Hospital beyond.jpg

Great photo John, we used to live at the bottom right corner, as a kid I used to drop off the high part of the wall into someone's garden. It was quite a fall for a young lad under nine years of age, what a memory, thanks. Ps I can still make out the little gate entrance near the bottom corner. At the back of the school was a little cobbled road called Cleve Terrace which ran from Owen street up to Bath Row almost opposite the hospital. Thanks great.

Hi, did anyone attend Pigott street school in the middle to late 50s.

i went to Pigot St school started in 1953 age 5, I Left in 1958 moved to Sheldon. But loved that school, remember also going in the evenings to drama group. I remember wearing a gypsy costume for a Xmas fancy dress, also playing a bunny in s hool panto. Lovely memories, my name was june Brownhill then, lived in Tennant St. My best friend was a girl named Zena, can't rember her last name .

Hi, yes i attended Pigott street school from 1952/1958. I lived at 3/21 Pigott street with my mom dad and two brothers, Terry and John. I left school and went to St Thomas for a couple of months then our house was pulled down so we moved to Stirchley where I attended Wheelers Lane SMB.

When we first moved in, a boy that I befriended said to me "we new that a family from the slums was moving into our road" he was a boy who didn't know better, ended up we were friends for life and he was my best man. Happy days living in Town.

Hi, yes i attended Pigott street school from 1952/1958. I lived at 3/21 Pigott street with my mom dad and two brothers, Terry and John. I left school and went to St Thomas for a couple of months then our house was pulled down so we moved to Stirchley where I attended Wheelers Lane SMB.

When we first moved in, a boy that I befriended said to me "we new that a family from the slums was moving into our road" he was a boy who didn't know better, ended up we were friends for life and he was my best man. Happy days living in Town.
Hi Steve.
I attended Piggott Street school in the 50s, about 58.
But more coincidentally I also went to Wheelers lane SMB, but as I remember, it is in Kings Heath.
I was at wheelers Lane 62 to 68

Hi Steve.
I attended Piggott Street school in the 50s, about 58.
But more coincidentally I also went to Wheelers lane SMB, but as I remember, it is in Kings Heath.
I was at wheelers Lane 62 to 68
I have looked up and of cause Stircley is next to Kings Heath.
I was the other side in Warstock. Been away for 30 years now.

Hi Steve, I attended Pigott st school in mid to late 50s as did my older sister Ann. Still have memories walking home up Bath row past Davenport’s back to 5/9 William st around the corner.

My mother went to Piggott street school Born in 1926 . She lived at 3/23 Piggott street with her sister and parents. Other family, I.e. grand mother, and aunt lived in the same street.

Back