• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Perry update

• Thread starter Thread starter Isobel-Burlton-Wells
  • Start date Start date
I

Isobel-Burlton-Wells

Hello Charlotte
If you can give me the 3 children's names who came over to Canada I will search a few home children databases for you.
Best regards
Isobel Burlton-Wells

John D. Perry

Hello Charlotte
I have found a John D. Perry who came over to Canada in 1892 from England. There was no age mentioned.
I also searched the archives for the British Home Children's database and found a John D. Perry, Wyoming, Lambton, July 92. It was an excerpt from a Dr. Barnardos' magazine called Ups and Downs. So I believe he was a Dr. Barnardos' boy. Please email me directly and I will send you the links to these sites as they are too long to type and I cannot copy and paste on this site.
If you think this is your John you can write to Dr. Barnardos' their office will give you all the information of the parents and siblings of John. There is a wait of about one year as many people are now finding that their ancestors were orphan children from Engand.
Isobel Burlton-Wells
Proud daughter of Pte. George Frederick Burlton, 1906 SSDominion -Dr. Barnardos' boy

Perry-Parry Orphan research

Hello Charlotte;
In answer to your email I have sent you a separate email regarding researching . You can also research Orphan children from this site. Go to the front page of this site, click on site map, links and then genealogy. You will find all the Home children research sites near the bottom of the page.
Thought I would post this instead of sending it separately as there may be other people interested in these sites.
Best regards
Isobel

Perry

Hello Charlotte;
You are quite welcome. Only too glad to help as I know how frustrating it is when you reach a dead end in researching. If you have any problems locating the address for Barnardos' please let me know. One of the sites also list their email address. If I do happen to find it I will send it to you.
The Rootsweb British Home Children's mailing list is a great resource for seeking information. People on the list will even send you photos of the ship the orphan children came over on. I have about 4 photos of the SSDominion that my father came over on in 1906 and it sailed out of Liverpool.
If you need any further help please let me know.
Good Luck in your research
Isobel

List of Barnardos' Homes

Hi Charlotte:
I have just been sent information of a website showing a list of Barnardo's Homes U.K. by someone on the BHC mailing list. Excellent site with lots of information, photos and links. Also, the address and email address of Barnardos'.

www.barnardos.org.uk/whoweare/history/pasthomes/index.jsp

Best regards
Isobel Burlton-Wells

Back