• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Perry and castle Case Makers

tinamac

Brummie babby
Hi a newbie here looking for some help please. I've just started to do my family tree and I came across an army document that stated my dad was employed as a case maker for a company in Eyre Street, Birmingham called Perry and Castle which seems a coincidence as my dad's surname is Perry? Does anyone know anything about the company in Eyre Street please.

December 1973, Birmingham Daily Post.
“A water surge tank being packed at the Wellingten Street, Smethwick depot of Perry and Castle Ltd. for shipment to Czechoslovakia. Heavy machinery is sent abroad for several engineering concerns, while car components and other small and valuable cargoes are also handled by the company.”

(Also or earlier at Eyre Street)

IMG_0538.jpeg

At time of article the company had promises at Grosvenor St. West and Wellington St.
Originated 1903 by William Castle in Factory Rd, Hockley. 1933 company passed to his daughter Doris Perry and son Douglas.
Became Ltd Co in 1948.
1949 Fire caused change to Eyre St and later to Grosvenor St.

At time of article the company had promises at Grosvenor St. West and Wellington St.
Originated 1903 by William Castle in Factory Rd, Hockley. 1933 company passed to his daughter Doris Perry and son Douglas.
Became Ltd Co in 1948.
1949 Fire caused change to Eyre St and later to Grosvenor St.
That's really interesting- thank you son much

Back