• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

PARKINSON’S AND COWEN STECHFORD

Troy Richards

Hello guys, not even sure if I’m posting this in the right place as I’m fairly nee to this. I come here as the Grandson of Harley Richards. He worked at this factory for most of his life after coming to England from Jamaica during the windrush. He sadly passed away almost a fortnight ago. I’ve attached an image of him in his later years. Please note his funeral will be held at Woodlands Cemetery, Birmingham Rd, Coleshill, B46 1DP at midday. He was a great man, loved by many so all he knew him are welcome. There will be a wake held in his memory shortly after at The Kingshurst labour club, 51 Clopton Crescent, Birmingham, B37 6QU.

With thanks,

Troy Richards

Attachments

• 55EED1BF-71C2-410B-95DD-DC1DCA03D00F.jpeg
    55EED1BF-71C2-410B-95DD-DC1DCA03D00F.jpeg
    167.5 KB · Views: 11
  • FDF9F421-D7A1-4A48-BAA4-32C62674FAA5.jpeg
    FDF9F421-D7A1-4A48-BAA4-32C62674FAA5.jpeg
    279.5 KB · Views: 10
Hi
in very simple terms gas is rated / transported (distributed) various pressure ranges
low pressure - medium pressure - intermediate pressure- high pressure
A governor is used to regulate the pressure via diaphragm which some years ago would weight loaded to achieve the desired outlet pressure ; the weight could be water loaded or solid such as metal or concrete normally applied by adding or reducing weights by leverage or physically adding or removing weights. Quite a dated technology in these days.
The one displayed in the brochure shown is an old mechanical type governor where pressure regulation is achieved by literally apply a known weight to the diaphragm give the desired outlet pressure

Back