• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Our parents over the years.

G G Jean

Brummy Wench.
Have any of you photo's of your mom and dad from aither a very early age or later on in their lives?. These are two of my mom and dad. Jean.
download
download
download
download

Last edited:
I love this one of my Mom and Dad. It was taken on holiday in Worthing before they were married.

Judy

I think we thought our parents didn't have fun, they were to old, we know differant know we are older

Lovely photo's all and yes Pat I'm sure they let their hair down even more than us. Looking at old holiday photo's they are all rolling around in the grass and didn't care what people thought. All the women still had their curlers in. Will sort some more out of when they were younger. Bye. Jean.

Early photographs of parents?

My mother Mary Kathleen Cruxton on her baptism in Wrexham 1922.

Is that early enough :D

Dibs

Dibs I have photo's [old ones] of babies in the family but unfortunately they have no names. Will take a closer look. Lovely photo of yours. Jean.

what lovely photos they all are....those of us that have them are very lucky considering that all those years ago photography was not common place....i put my family pics on some time ago and i treasure them dearly...

astoness:)

G'day Lyn,
Thanks for that bab,you must have photo.shop,and know how to use it.
Could I be cheeky and ask you to do this one as well,pleeeeez.
Ray.

hi ray....it was frothy who tweaked the last pic..think you got it wrong as we both have the same flag flying....lol.....

over to you froth....

lyn:):):)

No fool like an old fool.Could you oblige Frothy,I have photo.shop,but haven't learnt how to use it yet.

I always enjoy looking at these photo threads. Lovely to see them.

Ann

froth..thats a lovely family pic..i can see the likeness between you and your brother.....i mean as you are now not in the pic....

lyn:)

One of my mom with a life long friend who lived in Witton Lane and guess what "I can't remember her name" [the friend that is]. Jean.

Ray I love that one of your mom. We must have posted at the same time and I missed it. My dad in class at school. Will sort the original photo out of the class. Jean.

Should I be worried about taking up too much space.
This photo.is already on the site somewhere but don't remember where.:rolleyes:
Dad at school Aston Lane 1927 at the back on the right.
second photo.is dad the little one standing at the front,with his dad and brother.

Back