• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Oratory Junior School

ditto

Brummie babby
Hello did anyone go to the oratory junior school from about 1963to1967 Ladywood sister Vincent was the head I think will never forget her it was a Catholic school and very strict still get shivers now thanks

Hi Ditto, I was there a couple of years earlier than your dates, my dad was the caretaker, and we lived at 22 Hyde Rd, next door to the school. Sister Vincent and the rest of the nuns were cruel. Put me off that religion forever, sorry.

Hello did anyone go to the oratory junior school from about 1963to1967 Ladywood sister Vincent was the head I think will never forget her it was a Catholic school and very strict still get shivers now thanks
Hi Brummie babby
I was delighted to see your post regarding Oratory school Ladywood.

I attended the school from 1960 until Easter term 1967 when my parents moved house. I also had a younger brother who attended from 1963/4 until 1967.
I remember teachers: Mr Goddard who had a daughter who attended the school, Mr Davies who I believe was the senior teacher, Mr Wosniak who was strict but fair and lovely Sister Anne. Sister Vincent was cold and generally unliked. Father Michael used to visit the school regularly for religious lessons.

I only read your post yesterday and that is all I can recall quickly but if you have any other memories please post.

Back