• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

old pushchairs and prams

A

angeleyes

hi does anyone have any pictures of the old prams or pushchairs our parents had for us when we were kids i remember having a wooden pushchair never seen one since is there a website that you know of i dont know what it would come under. thank you all mary god bless x

Here's a photo of my brother in his pram he was born 1946 notice the slag heap of Hampstead Pit in the background!

Nice photo MomaP, I used to go to Hamstead Pit wiv me bottle of pop and jam sandwiches and have a picnic there with my lickle friends. That would be around 1951 or so. Houses there now I believe, hope they're on strong foundations!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH you must have met my brothers John and Robert. I have Just emailed Bob to apologise for posting his photo!

Great photo!! Can remember my brother being pushed around in one of them, and he wasnt born till 68!!

Back