• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Neighbours and streets

hi mazie
top of the morning to you
green lane ; what comes to my mind is am i right in saying the big timberly pub
on the corner .even it was nt i remember the old timberly i wonder how many of our pub crawlers actuly used it . ? .its had its fires . its had a stabbing , and its had its shooting all in its history and you could always buy your dope there regular and always chat up the woman and find your self romance i know one or two who did
or did you go down the the toby ? ,i still come from worc to go to my travel agents whom i have dealt with for years my sister lives by the toby it was or is still a nice pub i do not ever go near it best wishes astonian ;;;

Timberley and the Toby Jug was my Uncle Jack's 2 locals and used frequently! One more than the other but I can't remember which.
Jan

Timberley and the Toby Jug was my Uncle Jack's 2 locals and used frequently! One more than the other but I can't remember which.
Jan

Hi Jan,

I was bar/cellarman at the Toby Jug 1973/1975. I wonder if you
remember Len and Edie Horton who used to run it. Surprisingly, it
was a Coventry Area pub in M & B's management structure.

Kind regards

Dave

Hi Dave
You would remember the darts team then. Probably the best team in Brum at the time, I used to play there quite a bit as I only lived round the corner.

Terry

Hi, no sorry I don't personally remember anyone at the pubs, as I was born late and was but a child when Uncle Jack frequented his local hostelries!

Jan

Hi Dave
You would remember the darts team then. Probably the best team in Brum at the time, I used to play there quite a bit as I only lived round the corner.

Terry

Hi Terry,

I've got a terrible memory for names, but I do remember Ronnie Brotheridge was possibly the darts captain? I've never been back to the pub since i worked there, although I only live about a mile away as the crow flies!

Kind regards

Dave

Some names that you may remember.
Ron Brotheridge, Alfie Austin, Gordon Tunley, Paul Tunley (england player) Terry Hopewell,Bob Harrison.Tony Jeynes and Others whose names escape me. All good dart players.

Terry

Some names that you may remember.
Ron Brotheridge, Alfie Austin, Gordon Tunley, Paul Tunley (england player) Terry Hopewell,Bob Harrison.Tony Jeynes and Others whose names escape me. All good dart players.

Terry

Hi Terry,

The first 4 names I do remember, - I recollect Alfie Austin was a
little dapper chap always dressed in a suit, - I would probably
recognise the others but for the passage of time. I'm finding it hard to believe that it was 35 years ago!!

Kind regards

Dave

Back