• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

neigbours and streets

• Thread starter Thread starter brum
  • Start date Start date
B

brum

:roll: hi
Does anyone remeber pugh road aston ???????
we used to live by the ravehalls and the evans
so if you do rember dont foget to share you merioes

Hello Brum: I had cousins in Pugh Road, they were Pam, Brian, Paul and Mary Daunter. I believe they lived back of 140, which was on the left hand side going towards Sycamore Rd and opposite a shop. You don't mention a time, but they would have been there from WWII until the late 1960's. I am still in touch with Pam (in Norfolk) and Brian (in Brisbane, Australia).

Pugh Road Aston.

Hello Brum.

I remember Pugh Road well, as I used to live in Vicarage Rd.
Manys the time I have gone down the terrace and over the wall
into Pugh Rd. As there used to be a coal yard there and I had to
get coal for my mom in a wheel barrow, had to come back the long way
as I could not get the barrow over the wall.
I used to go to Vicarage Rd School.

Tat Tar for now June.

Brum
What do you know about the Ravenhalls or Ravehalls ? as I am intrested in them

We lived at No 68 for ten years 1961 to 1971
I remember the coal yard and Mrs Donnely's grocery shop

Kandor was his old man a copper? No smart alec replies 'cause I bet you avoided them like me

i'VE GOT SOME RAVENHALL'S IN MY FAMILY TREE - An Elizabeth Ravenhall (c1872) Her Dad was Alfred - he was a Blacksmith - Elizabeth had a sister Agnes - not sure of others yet etc.. as I am still researching these people - all I know is there was a Sandy Lane census entry for them in 1901.

Not sure if that helps or interests anyone?

Elizabeth Why I asked is the article I am doing Army Life 1900-14
B Ravenhall served in India in 1905 and was on the reserve when the Great War broke out
he was in India with 23 other men in the Royal Welsh Fusiliers and when they came home all joined the Birmingham police force as soon as the war started they all marched down to Curzon street and joined up
I have all the names and they can be researched as well as a photo which is not that good

Cromwell - Ah Right!! :0)

Look forward to reading about these people - I know so little about the Ravenhall's in my tree so far but will get to researching and knowing more very soon - I mentioned it incase it helped anyone as I have the marriage certificate for Elizabeth etc.. so far - it may have helped someone we never know unless we speak up??

Seems the more I know about my family tree stuff the more questions I have!! ha ha :0)

:)hi cromwell
i not been on line for a few weeks and i could not belived how mant pople have post there messagers nice to go down merio lane
well there used to be a family live in our street in pugh raod aston there used to live at the top they had some chilren name chris who had a bad leg there father name was fred and there mom was name joyce just woundeeing how they were geetting on after all these years kind regards brum ..................

Nice to hear from ya Brum, any old photo's to show us ? I bet you have
Can we help you with any you want to see ? and we will do our best

i will ask my dad if he got any i would love to see pugh road if anyone got any he was saying the other day how he remeber beging on tv when my sister was young when the frist betting shop open on aston cross wish i could get a clip of that but i think there no chance of that it must have been the early 50 kind regards brum....................

Brum
Its amazing what we have regarding photo's so let us know what you want to see and if we can help we will O0

I lived on pugh road as a child i have a photograph of myself and a girl called linda cutler sitting on the step of the outdoor on the corner.

hi maureen what year did you live there
do you remeber the sweet shop at the top of the alley ( ithink it was jacksons ) i might be wrong happy days :'(

I was born at number 84 in 1952 we left in 1958, i returned in mid sixties to live with my nan and went to manor park school for a few months.does anyone remember the barretts or clarkes? My uncle Vic lived there most of his life till he joined the coldstream guards in the early sixties , my friends back then were Linda Cutler,Gail Hartley Rita Evans and Jackie and Kathy Youlden who were twins.My mum has some photos taken in the late fourties and early fifties that i will let you see as soon as i learn how to get them on my computer

My Mom & Dads first house was in 12 Myrtle Grove, Pugh Road. in 1933.WILLIAM & DORIS JENNEY
I do not know any other names from  that Grove or Pugh Road.SORRY ???
ASTON

;)hi maureen
yes i rember the evans they live a couple of doors from us she had a sister name maxien i think her dad used to keep alot of birds in a avary in the garden i bet you would know my sister
brum........................ ::)

I went to school with a couple of Ravanalls.Linda and Suzanne,and i believe thier was a Janet? They were quite a large family,if i recall.They also had a brother who was in a wheelchair.They did a lot of work for the salvos. I do believe that a Trevour Burris, Mark joyce and the Cassidys lived there too.

hi JAN
THATS THEM there dads name was fred and mother was joyce
i used to play with linda and chris she was a couple of years older then me my sister used to hang around with the older kids of theres love to know what they doing now yes they were a very big family and a nice family :) brum.................

Pugh Road

We lived at No 68 for ten years 1961 to 1971
I remember the coal yard and Mrs Donnely's grocery shop

Hi Jerrry,
forgive me if I have done this wrong but I am still new to this. I lived in Pugh Road Aston. I was born in 1956 and lived there until abaout 1966. My name is Steve Howell and I lived at 4/3 Pugh Road. my mums name was,or should I say she was called Floss....
I went to Donnelys often for ham and bread and to the coal yard in Curch Lane. Speak to you later maybe.regards Steve

do you have any photos of old pugh road .i was born in our house 1968 we lived at no 11 .we moved to erdington in1972 even though i was so young the memories havent gone do you remember the coal yard i used to sit with an old lady who owend it. i would love to see a photo of the old pugh road my hearts still there

Hi Paul,
good to hear from you. I have some photos og Victoia Road police station and the swimmimh baths and a shot of the building at the end of Pugh Road that I an send you if you want me to.
The caol yard I believe was run by Mr and Mrs Tilsley. My mum often fetched coal in one of the borrows with the red wheels and I sat in it . Then she would tell me off for getting dirty.cant win......... Let me know re the photos. A private messgae with email details and I'll send them
God bless and take care,
Steve

awwwwwww ..... Why cant you post and share them on here :(
I think we all like to see them ...dont we gang ??
ragga :)

hi 46 Pugh rd Aston Manor 1878 my g/grandfathers sister was born on the 20th of april Annie Amelia Barlow my g/grandmother was Harriet Clarke if anyone has a picture of Pugh rd i would really appreciate it thankyou

33bus:)
tom

:roll: hi
Does anyone remeber pugh road aston ???????
we used to live by the ravehalls and the evans
so if you do rember dont foget to share you merioes

ravenalls/evans lived down the big entry with styles shop on one side and hutchinsons shop on the other side. we the smiths lived oppoiste at no 48 pugh road from the forties till the early seventies if you go to PUGH ROAD on the birmingham history forum you may find some imformation of intrest PETE SMITH EX 48 pugh road.

Back