• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

NATIONAL TRUST BACK TO BACKS AND MEMORIES OF OUR BACK TO BACKS

Me too. Ours was small I made dens with it Nan's was double the size. Dad came home with an upight concertina one, that used to come down on you & my fingers. But we had a garden. Nan had a pulley line in the kitchen and over her bath. I forgot about those. I am yet to see one like gran's little half table top barrell. With a beater. She used to put cooking fat to oil her mangle.

i can remember 2 of us at the top of the bed and one at the bottom of a big bed crammed into a small bedroom the pillows were double size and mom called them bolsters and we was covered with a big eiderdown and a great coat,a big jug and bowl on the dressing table to wash in
our brewhouse was down the rd next to the loo/
the wooden cloths horse left brown stains on the cloths

i can remember 2 of us at the top of the bed and one at the bottom of a big bed crammed into a small bedroom the pillows were double size and mom called them bolsters and we was covered with a big eiderdown and a great coat,a big jug and bowl on the dressing table to wash in
I think you had to wipe it first. I remember the stiff clothes they would stand up on their own. It took me years to realise what a clowzorse actually meant! And the bungole where it was kept.

A great coat - thats a term from the old days. More often than not I think it belonged to someone that had been in the Army.

Back