• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

names: Butler/Toseland/Clarke/Maisey/Pidgeon/Latham/Paul

• Thread starter Thread starter stevelaine
  • Start date Start date
S

stevelaine

I am having trouble tracing my grandmother Florence Butler born 1st February 1896 or 97. The problem is I am not sure if she was born in Birmingham or Derby, just that she lived in Birmingham after she was married to Charles Maisey. I remember them living in The Riddings,Stechford. She had twin sisters known as Fanny and Harriet. I say 'known as' because I have found that given names are often changed and apparently Florences sisters name Violet was not her given name. I thought that I would find Florence easily as she had twin sisters but they must have been born after 1901. Fanny married a Sgt.Maj. Sanders and Harriet emigrated to Australia and never married as far as we know. I hoped that I would find them on the 1920s surname site but there are a lot of Butlers. If anyone could give me any ideas on where to look then I would be most grateful. Their father drove a hearse pulled by two black horses with plumes. I cant find him on any censuses so presume that he became a hearse driver sometime after 1901.
Elaine

Back